Monday, September 17, 2007

It is more than 2 weeks that I haven't written anything here. This clearly shows how hectic this semester is! Anyway, I have made this weblog mainly for the time we get to the projects, so you can discuss about various problems you might have ...I might give some bonus points to those who are more active here!
We are moving according to the schedule that I have written for this course. After finishing the cutting tools, I'll start teaching a very interesting section about workholding and locating. You will have your first mini-project and that is in fact a test on how well you can work within a group. Then we will start working on Jigs and fixtures and you will have 2 major projects. By then, the majority of the course will be finished and we'll have some time to work on presses, dies and gages (for which you will have some small projects). This is the scope of our course, for those who asked me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we won't be doing any actual jig building in the lab. Mostly solidworks and hand drawings?

Chris Normand

Dr Simin Nasseri said...

Chris, as I explained before, there is no lab class associated with this course and we focus on designing and not building jigs or fixtures. This has been the case in the past as well.

Gandharv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.